Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Love Letter

I love myself.

Not because of what I've endured,

Not because of who I love,

Not because of who loves me.

Not because of the clothes or jewelry I wear.

Not because of the sound of my voice.

Not because of who I call my friends or who I consider my adversaries.

Not because of the music I listen to,

Not because of the meals I cook,

Or how clean my kitchen is.

Not because of how I have chosen to care for my family or who I have chosen for a partner. 


Not because of the real color of my hair.

Not because of how white my smile is,

Or how brightly is shines.

Not because of the color of my eyes,

Or the size of my boobs or how saggy or firm they are. 

Not because of the books I've read or the degrees I have or the letters after my name. 


Not because of the number of marathons I have or haven't run, or the time I spend practicing yoga or exercising each day.

Not because of my ability to endure physical or emotional pain to earn outward or inward acceptance. 

Not because I have a green thumb, or a brown one or a black one.

Not because of what I've grown, inside my body or out. 


Not because of how I earn money, now or ever. 

Not because of the number on the scale, or on the tag in my clothes or any other numbers that apparently define some aspect of who I am. 

Not because of my successes or failures in my eyes or anyone else's. 

Not because of the work I've done in service or in self-evolution. 

Not because of what I have sacrificed for the greater good of my family or my communities. 

Not because of my choices or my passions or my abilities.

Not because of what I say,

Not even because of how I think. 


I love myself. 

Because I am Spirit in a body. 

Because 
am 
Love. 

Because I am made of the same energy as the moon and the sun, the stars and the trees, 

I am life itself. 

My journey here is on Purpose. 

And surely that is worthy of my love and devotion. 

When I am in doubt, confusion, overwhelm, or other states of fear, I will practice...

When I am in joy, gratitude, alignment, or other states of love, I will practice...

Deeply, 
fiercely 
loving 

myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment